Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A word to the wise....

Things I have learned in the past week:

1. I should stick to making my award winning (truly) killer brownies. My biscuits do not rise and are more like cookies. Hmmmm, maybe adding chocolate chips would have saved them. Nah, probably not.

2. And while my fried chicken stays moist - the crust is lousy and I will have a permanent scar on my face and stomach from where the HOT grease splattered and my delicate skin blistered. Ouch. From now on - I'll just go to Popeyes.

3. Never underestimate the speed of a dog with stubby legs when they are engaged in a sport they really enjoy..... such as pigeon chasing. Poor little thing. The bird, I mean. Not the happy dog.

4. If you don't quickly praise a cat for doing a good job of a catching a mouse, they will meow loudly and drop it on you while you sleep.

5. Valium helps when a 10 year old is going through puberty. Wait. Let me rephrase that.... Valium helps the PARENT......

6. Since I've been self-un-employed, I've won the powerball three times for a grand total of 9 bucks. I've been living off my winnings. I didn't win that much in all the time I was working. Go figure.

7. While my home never looks anywhere near as bad as any place ever shown on How Clean Is Your House?, housework takes more time and effort than I care to expend. Will the dusting ever end? Will ~K~ ever learn to pick up her things and to stop doing craft projects in my bed? Will I ever stop waking up with yarn, dental floss, scissors, and q-tips stuck to my butt? Will I miss this when she's grown up and gone?

So tune in next time... same bat time, same bat channel.... to find out if your heroes will perish in some diabolical way or will they just linger on... loving and learning and driving each other, well, batty.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





As the owner of this blog, I assume no responsibility for any errors, or inaccuracies, in its content or judgement. I am not a doctor or lawyer, nor do I portray one on TV. Void where prohibited. Use only as directed. Batteries not included. Caution: May Be Hazardous to Your Health. Accessories sold separately. Not to be used by children under 3. May cause drowsiness. No animals were injured in the making of this website. Do not operate heavy machinery. No shirt, No shoes, No service. Do not overinflate. Stay back 300 feet. Recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists who chew gum. Caution: Makes wide turns. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Parental guidance suggested. Do not use during last three months of pregnancy. Objects may be smaller than they appear. Simulated picture. Sold for the prevention of disease only. Artificially flavored. All rights reserved. Not for human consumption. Stops at all railroad crossings. Contents under pressure. Best when used by expiration date. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. No smoking. Prices may vary. Configuration subject to change. Plus tax, title and license. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Monitor sold separately. Found to be only 99.9% effective as a contraceptive. Plus shipping and handling. Do not freeze. Your mileage may vary. Close cover before striking. Please rewind. Not used for purpose intended. Adults only. This tag is to be removed only by consumer. No carryouts. You agree to these Terms and Conditions by using this site. Available for a limited time only at participating locations. Not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Discontinue if redness or swelling occurs. Not animal tested. FDA approved. Unattended children will be given candy and a free puppy. Contents may settle during shipping. Stir occasionally. Do not discontinue use unless directed by your physician. Keep out. Do not use if seal is broken. For chronic continued constipation consult your doctor. Store at room temperature. Results may vary. Shake before using. Flammable. Patent pending. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Due to the graphic content, parental discretion is advised.