Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wowie Zowie

Yesterday, I bought this on sale at a local hardward store. My first thought was that it was a joke.

HTC-2801 Electronic Insect Zapper

I figured it might offer a little protection against the summer onslaught of Kamikaze Cockroaches. My family laughed at the effort but I was dead-on serious.

Since it is now time for the annual Formosan Termites swarming and they are sneaking into the house and driving us crazy, I whipped out my handy dandy bug zapper.

WOW. I hit the first one and it POPPED with a blue flash. Little wings slowly drifted to the floor. Man, I'm in business.

Now ~K~ is usually is an non-discriminatory animal/insect rights activist - meaning she doesn't care how gross or nasty it is, she doesn't want you to kill it. (Except for chickens. I keep telling her over and over to remember that her chicken nuggets were actually once part of a whole live chicken but she doesn't seem to care, they taste good.) She even wants to save the cockroaches and names the dead ones. Yeah, I'm thrilled.

Well, ~K~ was actually cheering me on to swat the termites and watch the blue pops. Talk about fun for the whole family.

I'm going to have to hide it now. It's not a toy and I'm afraid she could hurt herself or some beloved pet, or worse, me. I can see my self with my ass seared with grill marks.

But trust me, I've stashed it nearby. Close enough so that I can quickly grab it to defend myself against any creepy crawly, or kamikaze bug, that dares enters my abode.

I'll let you know how that works out for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





As the owner of this blog, I assume no responsibility for any errors, or inaccuracies, in its content or judgement. I am not a doctor or lawyer, nor do I portray one on TV. Void where prohibited. Use only as directed. Batteries not included. Caution: May Be Hazardous to Your Health. Accessories sold separately. Not to be used by children under 3. May cause drowsiness. No animals were injured in the making of this website. Do not operate heavy machinery. No shirt, No shoes, No service. Do not overinflate. Stay back 300 feet. Recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists who chew gum. Caution: Makes wide turns. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Parental guidance suggested. Do not use during last three months of pregnancy. Objects may be smaller than they appear. Simulated picture. Sold for the prevention of disease only. Artificially flavored. All rights reserved. Not for human consumption. Stops at all railroad crossings. Contents under pressure. Best when used by expiration date. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. No smoking. Prices may vary. Configuration subject to change. Plus tax, title and license. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Monitor sold separately. Found to be only 99.9% effective as a contraceptive. Plus shipping and handling. Do not freeze. Your mileage may vary. Close cover before striking. Please rewind. Not used for purpose intended. Adults only. This tag is to be removed only by consumer. No carryouts. You agree to these Terms and Conditions by using this site. Available for a limited time only at participating locations. Not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Discontinue if redness or swelling occurs. Not animal tested. FDA approved. Unattended children will be given candy and a free puppy. Contents may settle during shipping. Stir occasionally. Do not discontinue use unless directed by your physician. Keep out. Do not use if seal is broken. For chronic continued constipation consult your doctor. Store at room temperature. Results may vary. Shake before using. Flammable. Patent pending. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Due to the graphic content, parental discretion is advised.