Monday, October 10, 2005

Will the madness never end?

I took ~K~ to the movies yesterday, just to try to bring a little normalacy to our lives. (We saw Tim Burton's Corpse Bride)

It seemed to work for ~K~ but not for me. I spent the entire time thinking..."I don't have a home. I don't have a job. What am I doing here?" I couldn't relax. It felt so wrong.

In the past 6 weeks since this all began,(Yes, 6 weeks ago today....) I've had a full night's sleep only 3 nights. Three. The other nights have been filled with fitful tossing or awful dreams.

Then this morning I received a call from someone who had left a message here last week. I spent all weekend thinking it was a job offer as it was from the same state agency for which I had previously worked.

Surprise. Surprise.

It was a lady from the state's local office of "Adult Protective Services." It seems that my revenge-frenzied brother reported that I was going to commit suicide in front of my daughter.

Well I have to say that he did warn us that he was sending "people" here. Yes, to make our already chaotic lives even more of a living hell. Good thing I had already talked to the local sheriff about the anticipated goings-on.

Then today we went to check into renting an apartment. Few in this area have vacancies or take pets. The girls there had no clue. Not one idea of what we are going through. Oh sure they claim to understand but "We have to have this documentation," they said.

Yes I know you do - but we've not had mail in over 6 weeks. Our local post office was flooded and the mail hasn't been forwarded yet. We can't access the money in some of our accounts or even get the information from them as our local banks were flooded. We can't get you the vet records as our vet WAS FRIGGIN' FLOODED.

We stand before you homeless. Looking for a little help. Give us a break. Please.

Ok, ok. So I had a fit. Once again, I was moved to tears and gave the "a little compassion and patience goes a long way" lecture topped by the hopefully guilt inducing) closing of "IT MUST BE NICE TO HAVE A HOME TO GO TO".

It's gonna be another long night tonite. And I'm so looking forward to tomorrow. I wonder what it will bring. ( I bought a lottery ticket today ) Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





As the owner of this blog, I assume no responsibility for any errors, or inaccuracies, in its content or judgement. I am not a doctor or lawyer, nor do I portray one on TV. Void where prohibited. Use only as directed. Batteries not included. Caution: May Be Hazardous to Your Health. Accessories sold separately. Not to be used by children under 3. May cause drowsiness. No animals were injured in the making of this website. Do not operate heavy machinery. No shirt, No shoes, No service. Do not overinflate. Stay back 300 feet. Recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists who chew gum. Caution: Makes wide turns. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Parental guidance suggested. Do not use during last three months of pregnancy. Objects may be smaller than they appear. Simulated picture. Sold for the prevention of disease only. Artificially flavored. All rights reserved. Not for human consumption. Stops at all railroad crossings. Contents under pressure. Best when used by expiration date. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. No smoking. Prices may vary. Configuration subject to change. Plus tax, title and license. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Monitor sold separately. Found to be only 99.9% effective as a contraceptive. Plus shipping and handling. Do not freeze. Your mileage may vary. Close cover before striking. Please rewind. Not used for purpose intended. Adults only. This tag is to be removed only by consumer. No carryouts. You agree to these Terms and Conditions by using this site. Available for a limited time only at participating locations. Not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Discontinue if redness or swelling occurs. Not animal tested. FDA approved. Unattended children will be given candy and a free puppy. Contents may settle during shipping. Stir occasionally. Do not discontinue use unless directed by your physician. Keep out. Do not use if seal is broken. For chronic continued constipation consult your doctor. Store at room temperature. Results may vary. Shake before using. Flammable. Patent pending. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Due to the graphic content, parental discretion is advised.