Tuesday, July 26, 2005

What's all this fuss I hear about Endangered Feces?

Last night as I surfed the t.v. I came across a news program in which they were interviewing Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller. I really like him and his work so I paused to listen.

The words at the bottom of the screen were partially blocked by the closed captioning program and I could only read "AMC Bans... The Aristoc....".

My heat debilitated brain fills in the missing blanks. The Aristocats??? AMC is banning The ARISTOCATS? My favorite Disney movie growing up has been banned?

While I'm desperately trying to process this information I'm only partially listening to what Penn is saying. Something about an obscene in-joke and a hundred comedians. And I'm thinking what kind of obscene in-joke could possibly have been in an animated musical feature about three lost little kittens and their mother who are rescued by a really cool alley cat?

Well, then I recalled the controversy regarding The Lion King (1994) and the supposed subliminal sex message. So I suppose it's possible. But damn. My favorite movie. Banned. I'm so upset.

Then things become clear. The closed captioning shifts and I read the words "The Aristocrats." AristocRats. Not AristoCats. I look it up on one of my favorite reference sites The Internet Movie Database (IMDb).

The Aristocrats (2005): "One hundred superstar comedians tell the same very, VERY dirty, filthy joke--one shared privately by comics since Vaudeville"

"No Nudity No Violence Unspeakable Obscenity"

So in the infamous words of SNL favorite Emily Litella:
"Oh. That's very different. Never mind."


Update: If you are interested, here is an explanation of the joke: The Aristocrats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here is a link to a site where multiple variations of The Aristocrats Joke can be found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





As the owner of this blog, I assume no responsibility for any errors, or inaccuracies, in its content or judgement. I am not a doctor or lawyer, nor do I portray one on TV. Void where prohibited. Use only as directed. Batteries not included. Caution: May Be Hazardous to Your Health. Accessories sold separately. Not to be used by children under 3. May cause drowsiness. No animals were injured in the making of this website. Do not operate heavy machinery. No shirt, No shoes, No service. Do not overinflate. Stay back 300 feet. Recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists who chew gum. Caution: Makes wide turns. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Parental guidance suggested. Do not use during last three months of pregnancy. Objects may be smaller than they appear. Simulated picture. Sold for the prevention of disease only. Artificially flavored. All rights reserved. Not for human consumption. Stops at all railroad crossings. Contents under pressure. Best when used by expiration date. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. No smoking. Prices may vary. Configuration subject to change. Plus tax, title and license. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Monitor sold separately. Found to be only 99.9% effective as a contraceptive. Plus shipping and handling. Do not freeze. Your mileage may vary. Close cover before striking. Please rewind. Not used for purpose intended. Adults only. This tag is to be removed only by consumer. No carryouts. You agree to these Terms and Conditions by using this site. Available for a limited time only at participating locations. Not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Discontinue if redness or swelling occurs. Not animal tested. FDA approved. Unattended children will be given candy and a free puppy. Contents may settle during shipping. Stir occasionally. Do not discontinue use unless directed by your physician. Keep out. Do not use if seal is broken. For chronic continued constipation consult your doctor. Store at room temperature. Results may vary. Shake before using. Flammable. Patent pending. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Due to the graphic content, parental discretion is advised.