Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Wolves in sheep's clothing

A very good friend sent the following to me. It was in an email that had been forwarded NUMEROUS times. My message included the hundreds of emails of previous recipients and was really difficult to read with all those friggin' arrows and horrendous line breaks.

I've actually edited it to post here. It's a nice sentiment, but it's the very last line that really takes the cake.

GOD WANTED ME TO TELL YOU Everything that is going wrong in your life today shall be well with you this year. You have been destined to make it and you shall surely achieve all your goals this year.

For the remaining months of this year (2007), all your agonies will be diverted and victory and prosperity will be incoming in abundance. Today, God has confirmed the end of your sufferings, sorrows, and pains because HE that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardships and given you JOY. He will never let you down.

I knocked at heaven's door this morning, God asked me... My child! What can I do for you? And I said, "Father, please protect and bless the person reading this message"... God smiled and answered... Request granted.

If you believe this message, send it to seven persons and the one who sent it to you.
By doing this you have succeeded in praying for eight people today.
If you do not forward, the prayer will stop.



That's right folks. If I do not forward this email GOD WILL NO LONGER BLESS AND PROTECT ME. Isn't that nice? Wait! There's more..... my agonies will return, I will be defeated and my future, unfavorable. AND all my sufferings, sorrows and pain will return. No longer will I be joyous but instead, faced with many hardships. FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.

Aren't these wonderful sentiments to be wished upon me for simply NOT forwarding this email? And GOD?!? wanted someone to tell this to me? Really!?!

What kind of asshole writes this sort of thing and then sends it to their good friends?

I love my friends and am honored they think of me but hate, hate, HATE getting this kind of crap.

If they actually liked me, they would cut, paste and edit this shit instead of just lazily clicking the FORWARD key and making me wade through all the useless parts of the message.

If they loved me, they would snip that "send this message to X# of people right away" part so I would get all of the blessings and none of the headaches or bad luck for not forwarding.

And if they really loved me, they would leave me out of the spam loop altogether and take me off their list.

Thank you so much for thinking of me.

With friends like this, who needs enemas.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





As the owner of this blog, I assume no responsibility for any errors, or inaccuracies, in its content or judgement. I am not a doctor or lawyer, nor do I portray one on TV. Void where prohibited. Use only as directed. Batteries not included. Caution: May Be Hazardous to Your Health. Accessories sold separately. Not to be used by children under 3. May cause drowsiness. No animals were injured in the making of this website. Do not operate heavy machinery. No shirt, No shoes, No service. Do not overinflate. Stay back 300 feet. Recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists who chew gum. Caution: Makes wide turns. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Parental guidance suggested. Do not use during last three months of pregnancy. Objects may be smaller than they appear. Simulated picture. Sold for the prevention of disease only. Artificially flavored. All rights reserved. Not for human consumption. Stops at all railroad crossings. Contents under pressure. Best when used by expiration date. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. No smoking. Prices may vary. Configuration subject to change. Plus tax, title and license. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Monitor sold separately. Found to be only 99.9% effective as a contraceptive. Plus shipping and handling. Do not freeze. Your mileage may vary. Close cover before striking. Please rewind. Not used for purpose intended. Adults only. This tag is to be removed only by consumer. No carryouts. You agree to these Terms and Conditions by using this site. Available for a limited time only at participating locations. Not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Discontinue if redness or swelling occurs. Not animal tested. FDA approved. Unattended children will be given candy and a free puppy. Contents may settle during shipping. Stir occasionally. Do not discontinue use unless directed by your physician. Keep out. Do not use if seal is broken. For chronic continued constipation consult your doctor. Store at room temperature. Results may vary. Shake before using. Flammable. Patent pending. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Due to the graphic content, parental discretion is advised.