Sunday, December 30, 2007

I know you are but what am I?

Ok, I'm not a big fan of MySpace. Even though more and more adults are signing up, I still tend to think of it as a "kid thing." If I'm going to blog, I'll do it here. If I want to chat, I'll open up my favorite IM program. I'm just not all that into maintaining yet another site that would open myself up to the crap, actual and potential, that surely would follow. I prefer a little more world-wide anonymity than MySpace profiles allow.

But that doesn't mean that I don't surf MySpace, catching up with the goings on of many other people, some of whom I don't even know. Ok, I'm nosy, I'll admit it. With some time on my hands. But you'd be surprised at the information people are willing to post about themselves and their lives. Then again, probably not.

;)


One such poster caught my eye, so I travelled her message link and read about her.

This young, local (to me) woman is 25 years old, has 4 kids (one of which is a freshman in high school) and is expecting yet another in about 2 months. Do the math, I did. Not a high school graduate, but from what I could deduce, the poster might have her G.E.D.

Might. But I seriously doubt it.

In one of her blog posts, she wrote this:

"Just because we are from 'down the bayou' doesnt mean that we are idiots. Cause we are far from being retards of a mixbreed."

Of course you can see how I would certainly disagree with her statement. Especially considering her initial four word message which led me to her site..... it simply read, in all sincerity I am sure: "Is you off today?"

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of what is wrong with America today. And sadly, she is too blind to see it.

Honey, you ain't that far off. Trust me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





As the owner of this blog, I assume no responsibility for any errors, or inaccuracies, in its content or judgement. I am not a doctor or lawyer, nor do I portray one on TV. Void where prohibited. Use only as directed. Batteries not included. Caution: May Be Hazardous to Your Health. Accessories sold separately. Not to be used by children under 3. May cause drowsiness. No animals were injured in the making of this website. Do not operate heavy machinery. No shirt, No shoes, No service. Do not overinflate. Stay back 300 feet. Recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists who chew gum. Caution: Makes wide turns. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Parental guidance suggested. Do not use during last three months of pregnancy. Objects may be smaller than they appear. Simulated picture. Sold for the prevention of disease only. Artificially flavored. All rights reserved. Not for human consumption. Stops at all railroad crossings. Contents under pressure. Best when used by expiration date. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. No smoking. Prices may vary. Configuration subject to change. Plus tax, title and license. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Monitor sold separately. Found to be only 99.9% effective as a contraceptive. Plus shipping and handling. Do not freeze. Your mileage may vary. Close cover before striking. Please rewind. Not used for purpose intended. Adults only. This tag is to be removed only by consumer. No carryouts. You agree to these Terms and Conditions by using this site. Available for a limited time only at participating locations. Not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Discontinue if redness or swelling occurs. Not animal tested. FDA approved. Unattended children will be given candy and a free puppy. Contents may settle during shipping. Stir occasionally. Do not discontinue use unless directed by your physician. Keep out. Do not use if seal is broken. For chronic continued constipation consult your doctor. Store at room temperature. Results may vary. Shake before using. Flammable. Patent pending. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Due to the graphic content, parental discretion is advised.